Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Time it is a-flyin'!

Wow, yesterday we celebrated my Mom's 63rd birthday! I am sure she can't believe she has been on this earth for 63 years. Since I had children I see time moving faster and faster every day. Last night when I went to lay down with Isaac (in his now queen-sized bed) I was struck with just how big he has grown. In another year I will be able to wear his shoes! He has grown from a chunky little baby to a tall, lanky boy! And Eden has already outgrown her crib and sleeps in a twin bed. Where have my babies gone?
One thing I know is that you never get one single minute back, once those milestones come they have passed forever. I have been so blessed to be at home with my kids. I would not trade that time for anything, and it is passing way too quickly! So, I am making an effort to live more "in the moment" with my kids. Often I find myself hopping online to "escape" via internet, and just reading crap that doesn't even matter! Then later complaining about how I don't have time to work-out, or get chores done bc I am so busy with the kids. So, I am hoping to make my internet time more purposeful, try blogging more often and surfing much less. And cutting my internet time down drastically, so I can do the things I really care about, like spending time with God, and playing (really playing) with my children, and taking care of my body instead of sitting on my butt!

No comments: